School is right around the corner and even though we have plenty of heat left we all know Fall is next. In the South, it stays hot for so long but we still crave everything fall. Cooler days, football, cardigans and all things cozy.
We have to get back into the swing of school time. Life gets busy and back on schedule but we all love it. Or I know I do. Summer is more laid back and really just go, go, go but in a different way. Now we can get back on a schedule and it feels so good.
When it comes to meals we want to simplify our lives. Which means creating a fall back to school meal plan. Get it out of the way. We repeat meals anyways so might as well jot those meals down and rotate them. Have the meal plans ready to go.
Let’s get our favorite easy fall meals and write it on paper. And to simplify our lives, even more, let’s just rotate the meal plan. The meal plan is already written out so let’s save them.
Can you come up with 16 of your favorite easy meals and rotate them?
Creating Your Fall Back To School Rotating Meal Plan
1. Print your free weekly meal planner sheet here!
2. Mark your busy days. Whether the kids will be playing sports that night or it’s a church night. If you know you won’t be eating at home or just need a super simple meal for the night then mark it down.
3. Come up with your meal ideas. You can either fill in the blanks of your calendar or keep your list to choose from last minute. We don’t always know which night we will want to eat something. But if you have your meals listed and ingredients ready to go then you will be set. You can do cheap week meal plans or themed meal nights. Write your families favorites down.
4. Rotate however many meals you choose to do. Keep your life simple especially in this busy season of life. The goal is to avoid eating out all the time, enjoying time with your family and simplifying your own life.
5. Save your meal plan. Do not throw them out. In a couple of weeks or months when your mind has gone blank of what to meal plan then you will have saved meal plans that you can just reuse. I suggest hole punching your sheet and sticking your meal plans in a binder.
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Getting back into the routine of school, sports and all the other fun things that come with fall we are busy. If we can take time to plan out 16 meals (or however many you choose), write them on your meal plan and rotate your meal plans then you can simplify your life.
Work smarter, not harder.
What are your favorite ways to save time when it comes to back to school?